As I prepare to actually have to cheer for a team from Cleveland since Deron Williams (as much as he tried) wasn’t able to derail the Western half of the impending national nightmare of another Pistons-Spurs NBA Finals, here are some links:
(1) Priceless! (Chicago Tribune) - When I was flying on JetBlue a couple of weeks ago, which has DirecTV at every seat, I came across a showing of “Happy Gilmore” and my wife had to restrain me from busting out of my seat in laughter during Bob Barker’s scenes even though I’ve seen them a million times. There are also two programs I’ll always remember watching on TV during the days that I spent at my Grandma’s house when I was a kid: baseball on WGN and the “The Price is Right”. As to the thought of Rosie O’Donnell or Mario Lopez as replacements for the legendary Barker, I only have one thing to say: the price is wrong, bitch!
(2) Lost Season 3 Finale Recap (The Lost Blog) - SPOILER ALERT IF YOU HAVEN’T SEEN THE “LOST” SEASON FINALE. After a pretty disappointing “24″ season – CTU has been compromised more than [insert Lindsay Lohan joke here] – the “Lost” season finale more than made up for it with a simply mind-blowing turn with the flash forward. I’m not quite convinced that the Losties are getting off of the island at the very beginning of next season; for once, I think Ben isn’t feeding a line of B.S. that the “rescuers” are going to do a lot more harm than good. Anyway, I’m extremely glad that I didn’t encounter the numerous spoilers that were posted on the Internet prior to the show’s airing since the surprise twist had such a huge impact if you didn’t know it was coming. I argued last year that “Lost” (and pretty much all television programs) ought to go to a “24″-type of schedule where all of the episodes run in succession without reruns, which ABC has decided to do. Even though I still think that’s a good idea, that also means we’re going to have to wait until next February for new episodes, which is going to be an excruciating wait after such an incredible cliff hanger.
(3) Thompson Begins Steps for 2008 Bid (Washington Post) - I personally like Fred Thompson and he was great on “Law & Order”, but with the likelihood of the two parties’ presidential nominees being decided within the first month of the primary season, the late start in the money race is going to be an albatross on the viability of his candidacy.
(4) Kobe Wants to be Traded… or Does He? (Los Angeles Times) - Don’t tease me with another NBA star allegedly on the market that would look pretty nice in a Bulls uniform. As much as I’d like to see it happen, there’s no way Kobe Bryant is leaving Hollywood – this will blow over.
(5) 50 Cent’s Investment Pays Off (AllHipHop.com) - Remember last year when 50 Cent starting selling grape drink? Showing that sugar, water, and purple equals Fort Knox, Coca-Cola is buying the company that produces 50′s drink where his take is going to end up being around $400 million. Something tells me that the “G” in G-Unit must stand for “grape”.
(Image from celebsarepeopletoo.com)