For those of us who are still drowning in the sorrows of the Illini/Bears double whammy of losses, here are some links to take your mind elsewhere:
1) Cannes Seeks More Hip-Hop – It seems as though the world’s preeminent film festival is getting tired of all those French films.
2) Dogs Excel on Smell Test to Find Cancer – Incredible…
3) Loophole in Lobbying Bill Leaves Wiggle Room – Once again, our politicians talk a great game regarding campaign finance reform when a scandal hits (i.e. Republicans and Jack Abramoff right now, Democrats and Chinese business donations to the DNC during the Clinton era) but don’t really want the status quo to change in reality.
4) Muck Fichigan - At least the Illini beat Michigan on Saturday. Meanwhile, here’s the byproduct of some entreprenurial Ohio State fans.
5) Casino Coughs Up $25,000 for Shatner’s Kidney Stone – I thought the headline was crazy. Then I found out how much Star Trek fans were willing to pay for this piece of Captain Kirk.